4 x 3 - 4 hour Kids Surf Lessons – “The Mini Shaka Package”
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Byron Bay, NSW
- Product code: PX91FF
4 x 3 - 4 hour lessons (from pick up to drop off, dependant on conditions and location) - please be aware that during winter months we may take kids on our daily 4 hour group lessons but they will receive a seperate lesson from adults when at the beach to suit their age and surfing level.
All equipment supplied - we provide wetsuits and rash vests to keep the little dudes & dudettes warm. We have a range of soft surfboards suitable for kids between 5 to 12 years of age and we can also supply swim vests if necessary. We will transfer them to and from the beach from our surf shop, Bay Beach Hire 4/14 Bay Street, and will also supply sunscreen and water :)
This course is suitable for kids with no surfing experience or those looking progress on their current skills. This is one of our most popular kids lesson packages as we can cover all the fundamentals of surfing with them and get them confident in the water in a short period of time.
The four day programme is a really fun, technical course that allows us enough time to cover the following surfing basics with them:
- Ocean and surf safety so that they can properly identify safe spots to surf and swim in the future
- Pop up technique and getting their feet in the sweet spot to encourage pressuring the board correctly to speed up or slow down or pressure the rail to gently turn their board
- Paddling and timing so that they can start catching waves by themselves
- Introducing front side and back side surfing so that, no matter their stance whether they are regular or goofy, they can take off on both left and right hand waves
- Introducing S turns so that they can connect multiple turns and learn how to handle and anticipate different sections on a single wave
- If comfortable and the conditions allow, we will also aim to start catching unbroken (green) waves
Our instructors have a lot of experience teaching children and are really patient and make sure they feel safe and comfortable in and out of the water. Your child’s safety is always our main priority on our lessons.
All of our instructors hold certificates in the following:
- Australian professional lifeguard certificates
- Level 1 & 2 surf coaching awards with Surfing Australia
- Senior First Aid
- Working with Children Check
If your children are between the ages of 5 and 7 we do really appreciate it if the parents or carers can follow us to the beach and join in the fun. If your children are between the ages of 8 and 12 we welcome you to come along and cheerlead at the beach but if you are looking for some time off we will take great care of them!